Coil + Zos Kia + Marc Almond - How To Destroy Angels (Ltd. Red/Black) LP
- Labels Cold Spring
- Product Code: 12" Red Black Splatter Vinyl
- Availability: In Stock
Cold Spring are proud to announce the complete recording of 'A Slow Fade To Total Transparency'. Recorded 24th August 1983, at the Air Gallery, London, UK.
All audio has been remastered from the original tapes, is previously unreleased, and is EXCLUSIVE to this release.
Personnel for the performance - John Balance (Coil), John Gosling (Zos Kia), Marc Almond (Soft Cell) and live mix by Peter Christopherson (Coil, Throbbing Gristle).
Liner notes by Michel Faber ('Under The Skin', 'The Crimson Petal And The White').
1. "HOW TO DESTROY ANGELS" - the complete 23 minute piece.
2. "HOW TO DESTROY ANGELS - ZOS KIA REMIX" - a 9 minute unheard remix by John Gosling.
3. "BAPTISM OF FIRE" - unreleased recording of Zos Kia / Coil at Recession Studios, London, England, October 12, 1983.
Michel Faber: "Imagine how out-of-step with the dominant culture COIL were when they unveiled themselves in the Air Gallery to perform A Slow Fade To Total Transparency. Subtitled How To Destroy Angels, the music - a backing track prepared by JOHN BALANCE, JOHN GOSLING and PETER CHRISTOPHERSON - bears only scant resemblance to the How To Destroy Angels 12" that Coil would release as their debut vinyl the following year. Instead of the meditative ritual gongs of the 12", what we hear here is a restless, queasy melange of industrial noise, its eerie whistles the perfect backdrop for MARC ALMOND as he recites a bitter tirade against an ex-lover".
180g vinyl on Red/Black splatter in glossy outer sleeve, with printed inner sleeve and download card. Limited to 500 copies.
1. How To Destroy Angels 23:23
2. How To Destroy Angels (Zos Kia Remix) 08:32
3. Baptism of Fire 04:23
Coil + Zos Kia + Marc Almond - How To Destroy Angels (excerpt)